The Lamoille Chamber of Commerce would like to invite you to join us on September 29, 2018, for the 7th Annual Route 15 Chili Cookoff, a fan-favorite competition at RocktoberFest.
RocktoberFest is a one-day street festival held in downtown Morrisville that celebrates community. In addition to the live music and dance performances, food, and craft vendors, it features many family-friendly activities like pumpkin bowling, face painting, a scarecrow contest, a scavenger hunt with prizes and many other fun things.
This festival is highly attended by locals and tourists alike and has seen an increase in attendance year-over-year. We anticipate an even larger crowd this year since Stowe Rotary ended its Oktoberfest after a successful 21-year-run. So, the publicity your business will receive as a contestant of the Route 15 Chili Cookoff has never been better.
We are encouraging businesses, community organizations, individuals, students, professional and amateur chefs to compete in this year’s chili cook-off. Winners will have bragging rights for one year, receive a certificate of recognition for their achievement and a trophy, returnable at next year’s competition when they inevitably come back to defend their titles.
Chili submissions will be scored by RocktoberFest participants in three categories: Meat, Vegetarian and Anything Goes. There will be one winner in each category and competitors are encouraged to compete in all three categories. Tastings will be blind and offered to festival participants between 11 am and 2 pm. Winners will be announced at 2:30 pm.
Please consider joining us at RocktoberFest!
The following sponsorships are available for this lively event:
Your business will be listed as a co-sponsor with the Chamber on all marketing and promotional materials, including, but not limited to: advertisements, emails, posters, social media posts and press releases. (Your company’s logo will be used when possible.) A representative from your business will be allowed to make opening and closing remarks as well as present the trophies during the award ceremony. This sponsorship includes an entry into each of the three chili categories: Meat, Vegetarian, and Anything Goes!
Your business will be listed as a sponsor on all marketing and promotional material, including advertisements, emails, posters, social media posts and press releases. Your company will be thanked in opening and closing remarks. This sponsorship includes entry into two of the three categories: Meat, Vegetarian and Anything Goes!
Your business will be listed as a sponsor on all marketing and promotional material, including advertisements, emails, posters, social media posts and press releases. Your company will be thanked in opening and closing remarks. This sponsorship includes entry into one of the three categories: Meat, Vegetarian, and Anything Goes!
To claim your sponsorship, contact Jen Kittell at (802) 888-7607 or complete this sponsorship form.
- Chilis will be judged in three categories: Meat, Vegetarian, Anything Goes. Contestants are only required to participate in one category but may compete in all three.
- Each contestant is required to provide their own secret ingredients.
- Each contestant must prepare and cook their chili in a sanitary manner.
- For each category entered, the contestant must prepare a minimum of two gallons of chili for tasting and scoring.
- Contestants will be issued a number.
- Contestant must supply their own labeled serving utensils and electric heating device, like a Crockpot.
- Contestant must be able to provide their prepared chili by 10 am on Sept. 29 and pick up cooking utensils and heating device no later than 4 pm that day.
- Scoring will be blind and done by festival participants.
- Each contestant must prepay their entry fee of $10 per category at the time of application.
- After a $5 donation to benefit the Lamoille Chamber of Commerce, each judge will be provided a scorecard, a spoon, and a 2 oz. cup for each chili tasting and scoring.